Re: Nov 16 draft of voting mechanics

Hello again!

Another one:

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 12:48:07PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
>     3. If an option has a quorum requirement, that option must defeat
>        the default option by the number of votes specified in the quorum
>        requirement, or the option is eliminated.

We did not define the term "defeat by a number of votes".  If the
quorum requirement is Q, does this mean that at least Q votes must
prefer the option over the default option?  Or does it mean that the
number of votes which prefer the option in question over the default
option must exceed the number of votes which prefer the default option
over the current option by at least Q?

Jochen
--
                                         Omm