Re: Geez.

On Nov 15, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> I won't push my own views any further; this isn't really meant to start
> a long argument over preferred election methods, which are as bad as OS
> wars.  But thanks for pointing out the website which you made your
> decision from; it's all was I really asking for.

IIRC the adoption of Condorcet voting predates that web site; your
best bet would be to go through the mailing list archives and find the
discussions that led to the constitution (which predate my involvement
in the project, IIRC).

As for the system's complexity, at least from the voter's standpoint,
if voters are incapable of rank-ordering their own preferences I have
to wonder how they manage to get along in life... :-)

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@phy.olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Computer Systems Manager, Physics and Astronomy, Univ. of Mississippi
125B Lewis Hall - 662-915-5765