Re: Trying to determin the Quorum

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > 	The LDAP database of active UIDs can help:
> >   However, LDAP contains non human UID entries as well, so one must
> >   correlate this with the key rings. We may do this by querying LDAP by
> >   fingerprint information. So, extracting all fingerprints for the
> >   keys, and querying  LDAP, we get:

> Does limiting on 'objectclass: debiandeveloper' help?  Judging by the
> name, that ought to be sufficient for finding all DDs in the LDAP
> directory...

The somewhat cannoncial reference for this is:

samosa{jgg}~#ud-ldapshow devcount
Connecting to LDAP directory
There are 938 developers as of Mon, 01 Apr 2002 03:51:53 +0000

I forget how it works now, but it does account for guest accounts, retired
developers, etc, etc.

Amusingly,

Echelon has seen 881 developers, with 829 PGP confirms as of Mon, 01 Apr 2002 03:53:42 +0000

Manoj, keep in mind that someone has to be in the Debian group to be
allowed to vote.

Jason