Re: Question to Bdale

Bdale Garbee wrote:

> While I don't mind being called out for this question since I mentioned my
> new job explicitly in my platform posting, if this is a topic you are
> concerned about, perhaps you should ask all of us?
> [...]
> Hmmm.  I think those who have met me in person or heard me speak would attest
> that I do a pretty good job of making it clear when I'm speaking for HP and
> when I'm not.  But let's make this easy.  If elected DPL, I promise to always
> begin any public talks I give while DPL by unambiguously indicating whether I
> am speaking on behalf of Debian, my employer, or something else entirely.

You were the only one who mentionned explicitely that you were able to
go to conferences "due to your new job" (which is very honnest from you
IMHO) and I asked myself : how can you be at the conference for Debian
while your are payed by HP for being there.
I know that having many "jobs" makes it hard not to confuse them, and
since I never met you, I was wondering how you were doing. Of course,
other candidates can express their point of view on the subject wrt
their own "real life" job(s).

Thank you for your very clear answer.

Nico.
--