Re: Question to Bdale

* Nicolas SABOURET <Nicolas.Sabouret@limsi.fr> [020305 02:22]:
> far as I understand, this means that you attend these conferences more
> as a HP member than as a Debian member.

I really dont feel thats completely fair.  Have you looked at how most
of these 'confrences' nickle-and-dime everyone into having to beg from
their boss?  Even if you go to some non-vendor-driven confrences without
going to any tutorials, it can easily be a thousand-dollar-plus
venture.

Being gainfully employed and having an employer willing to assist in
career development and assisting the community (by sending good people
to these sort of things) I don't think that when my boss sends me to a
conference that I can't possibly do this in a dual role, becase they
also send you for the community. (in the hope that doing this can
further themselves, yes, but it helps others, too.)

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/