Re: debian services and responsibility

I would like to thank Jim, Nate and many others who took the oppurtunity
to say "THANKS!" to Brainfood in my moment of frustration. Because of my
deadline committments I haven't been able to respond to all of you
individually.

Debianers, THANK YOU! Every Debianer helps make this amazing experiment
possible and that is why we keep doing it. It's great to recieve some
positive feedback from all of you.

On to Branden's email:

On Fri, 2002-03-01 at 14:11, Branden Robinson wrote:
> Of course, I read this message only after sending my very long followup
> where, wonder of wonders, I take note of Brainfood's long history of
> contribution to Debian.

Your last email had a considerably more personable tone.

> I'm sorry you took so much of that mail personally.

Regrettable I agree, but not suprising.

> I didn't want to get bogged down in the specifics of this week's
> incident because:
> 	1) I don't have full possession of the facts in the issue at
> 	question; and
> 	2) I think we should try to keep the DPL campaign focused
> 	on principles and not let it get bogged down in hot-button
> 	issues, like "should we drop support for non-free".
>
> I Cc'ed the people I did because I *did* perceive a failure of process,
> but it wasn't completely clear to me where the lines of communication
> were broken.  Was it between Brainfood and DSA, between DSA and the
> developers, or what?  If you're not following the traffic on the
> debian-vote list closely, I can see how a bunch of hypotheticals might
> get construed as a mixed bag of random accusations.

Forgive me, but I think you are back-pedaling because of the bad
reaction you recieved.

> My context was a DPL campaign question.  Your context is as "incident",
> which, as you said, might not even be a security breach at all, but is
> certainly real-world and not highfalutin' platform stuff.

I don't think that was the case. I think you've changed gears.

> So again, I apologize for contributing to the confusion surrounding the
> siutation with Debian machines hosted at Brainfood.

Apology accepted and deeply appreciated.

Ean Schuessler                                      ean@brainfood.com
Brainfood, Inc.                              http://www.brainfood.com