Re: Proposed General Resolution : IRC as a Debian communication channel

> Shall we next have a GR that says:
>
> [ ] I accept that the sky is blue, and that things that my attempt to pass
>     though it (such as aeroplanes and rockets) must obey the law of gravity.

Seconded!

> For example, if we've specifically ratified #debian-private on
> openprojects for discussion of issues from -private, what does that say
> about discussing -private issues over the phone with another developer? It

A very unpractical precedence.

I also think there is a difference in what image we're sending by
saying 'Of course debian developers talks when they are together' or
'We have a lot of private forums for our developers'.

I really don't like Debian to have an image saying that we do a lot of
work in closed private forums. Debian should be an open projects as
much as possible. I would oppose to any GR making Debian a little more
closed both in reality and in how people looks at us.

Private issues should be restricted to security issues and when
someone from outside the open community would like to contact Debian
in a secret way. The last thing would not be very easy on a closed
IRD-channel.

--
Når folk spørger mig, om jeg er nørd, bliver jeg altid ilde til mode
og svarer lidt undskyldende: "Nej, jeg bruger RedHat".