Re: Our counting procedure

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 11:53:51AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> >  > Here's how people voted:
> >  Can any of you guys that recounted the results (you know you did)
> >  confirm that the numbers are right?
>
> Hmm, actually, I get different results too.
>
> Just taking:

The thing is, you only get a vote over someone else if they marked it.

IOW, if I only mark "--1--", then my vote is as good as nothing, since I
made no preference of one over the other. So not specifying a rank in
the order pretty much alleviates that choice in the tally for that
particular vote.

So "-321-"(arbitrary) would register as:

1 For Bdale over Anand
1 For Bdale over Ben

1 For Ben over Anand

**NOT**