Re: Lets speak about freeness, ...

On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 11:01:27AM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 08:00:16PM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > G. Branden Robinson            |    It's not a matter of alienating authors.
> > Debian GNU/Linux               |    They have every right to license their
> > branden@ecn.purdue.edu         |    software however we like.
> > roger.ecn.purdue.edu/~branden/ |    -- Craig Sanders, in debian-devel
>
> 1. you do not have my permission to quote me.

I do not need your permission to quote statements you make in a public forum
(see below), especially small snippets that easily fall within the bounds of
Fair Use.  If the laws of Australia differ in this regard, you are free to seek
my extradiction to your country for trial.

> it's bad enough that that
> moron joseph does the same thing without permission - i thought you at
> least had some sense of personal ethics.

I have long sinse given up attempting to influence your opinion on anything
whatsoever, even with facts.  Therefore I don't feel terribly reponsible
for your opinion of my ethics; you will apparently reach whatever
conclusions you desire without the complication of any actual data.

> 2. i do not recall the context of that quote, but it looks like an
> obvious typo to me. or perhaps a deliberate joke. don't know, don't
> care.

****quoted material**** [...] represents excision
[...]