Re: GPIO

Le 17/05/2024 à 06:16, manjunathreddy boreddy a écrit :
Hello
            I am using debian 12 bookworm i am unable to export gpio pins by using echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/export i am getting bash: echo : write error earlier it was working fine when i re installed debian package i am unable to export them. I am using intel i686 7600u processor.and kernel version is 6.1.0-18-686-pae.can anyone help me in solving this issue.

Thanks&Regards,
B.Manjunath Reddy.

Hello,

From what I understand, accessing GPIO thru /sys/class/gpio* is deprecated and thus discouraged. GPIO is to be accessed thru /dev/gpio*. gpiod (interactive use) and libgpiod (programming use) Debian packages can be useful here.

linux kernel documentation, GPIO section:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/driver-api/gpio/index.html
list of gpio related Debian packages:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/driver-api/gpio/index.html