Re: OT: Top Posting

On 5/15/24 10:50, Nicolas George wrote:
Cindy Sue Causey (12024-05-15):
PS Afterthought is that email signatures are another of that widely
accepted netiquette set of standards.

You can add the “Re: ” to that list.

It is the sequence of four octets 0x52, 0x65, 0x3a, 0x20, and nothing
else.

The MUAs who write “RE: ” are wrong.

The MUAs who write “Re : ” are wrong.

The MUAs who write “AW: ” are wrong.

The MUAs who put it in base64 are wrong.

It is not a string that is designed to be internationalized, we cannot
expect every MUA to know every stupid local or vanity variant of “Re: ”.
+ 5, Excellent point Nicolas
The same can be said for sig separators. One fellow here has it as part of his sig but his definition in his sig is incomplete. Its actually an lf,dash,dash,space.lf ignoring the comma's I used here..Some email agents won't use it as a sig separator w/o the full lf's as wrapper. cr's are not valid subs for the lf's..

Regards,

Take care & stay well Nicolas.

Cheers, Gene Heskett, CET.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)