Re: Kvm Bridge Network Problem

On Sat 04/05/2024 at 21:26, Stephen P. Molnar <s.molnar@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I have managed to follow the
> instructions in:
>
> https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/how-to-add-network-bridge-with-nmcli-networkmanager-on-linux/
> I was able to use the LAN
> printer and the 40" TV , but could not access the Host.

Hi Stephen,

That might suggest NAT is still operative for the VM.

Did you do the "optional" part of the tutorial in your link too, re KVM network config?

What is the output of

# nmcli con show

# nmcli device

# virsh net-list --all

# virsh net-dumpxml yourNetworkName

I don't have a network cable to hand to test this at the moment (wifi NIC bridging is complex if possible with KVM [1] and apples and oranges and all that) but will do later if your problem is not solved.

I think the presence of enp2s0 in /e/n/i (which your attachment seems to be) prevents NM from managing it, but if I'm wrong about that, could it be getting an address (static or otherwise) from NM?

Gareth

[1] https://hacktivate.it/posts/kvm-bridge-wireless/