Re: QEMU/KVM virt-manager Problem

On 05/02/2024 12:54 PM, Gareth Evans wrote:

On 2 May 2024, at 17:47, Gareth Evans <donotspam@fastmail.fm> wrote:

On 2 May 2024, at 15:43, Stephen P. Molnar <s.molnar@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

I am running Bookworm and have implemented QEMU/KVM virt-manager. When I install a client I have been using virt-manager --> View -->Scale Display --> Always. However, now the 'Always ', the only option available is the default 'Only when Fullscreen'.

Is Bookworm the VM client too?  With GUI?  Does this happen for all clients, just one, or one type?

Off the top of my head, I think the scale always option may disappear if the guest display doesn't support it - I seem to recall VirtualBox Guest Additions being required for this functionality for some guests in VirtualBox (which I acknowledge you are not using, I'm just saying...) so I don't think it's "straightforward" functionality

What video protocol are you using?

spice-vdagent is mentioned here a few comments down

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/virt-manager-scale-display-not-working/138275/3
I am using the procedure in https://getlabsdone.com/install-windows-10-on-ubuntu-kvm/

I am most interested in installing Windows 10, as there computation chemistry windows apps that I want to use on Bookworm. However, the same problem is resent for Linux clients that I've installed.

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.
https://insilicochemistry.net