Re: Installing testing on Acer Aspire 315

In days of yore (Wed, 01 May 2024), Paul Scott thus quoth:

> On 5/1/2024 10:57 AM, Sirius wrote:
> > I have an Aspire A715-41G and the wireless is an Intel AX200. I am
> > currently using iwd and iwctl to manage it, but NetworkManager picked it
> > up off the bat and allowed it to be configured - even during installation.
> >
> > You will want to use 'lspci' to figure out if the card is seen at all and
> > you should get a line like:
> >
> > 04:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (rev 1a)
> >
> > Once you know what make/model the wifi is, you can start looking for the
> > right driver if it is not auto-detected.
>
> How did you install Debian?

I have a USB stick with Ventoy on it, and a collection of ISOs that I can
pick through depending on what I am doing. The Debian ISO is the 12.5 DVD
version.

It was surprising to me just how much the installer detected and got
right, because it asked me about wifi network and key and then off it
went.

If your wifi is also the AX200 (maybe a different revision), it *should*
work. There is a lot to be said about Intel, but their drivers do get
pushed upstream and make it into the distribution kernels. iwd is also an
Intel thing and quite nice to use when digging into it.

--
Kind regards,

/S