Re: Installing testing on Acer Aspire 315

In days of yore (Wed, 01 May 2024), Paul Scott thus quoth:
> Hello,
>
> I have many installs over many years (only a few per year)..
>
> I tried a Testing net install pn my new Acer Aspire 315 and it didn't find
> an Ethernet driver.  (wireless?).
>
> I read that I should try a more complete image which I am downloading
> (jigdo) now.
>
> I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions,

I have an Aspire A715-41G and the wireless is an Intel AX200. I am
currently using iwd and iwctl to manage it, but NetworkManager picked it
up off the bat and allowed it to be configured - even during installation.

You will want to use 'lspci' to figure out if the card is seen at all and
you should get a line like:

04:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (rev 1a)

Once you know what make/model the wifi is, you can start looking for the
right driver if it is not auto-detected.

--
Kind regards,

/S