Re: tbird troubles

On 15-04-2024, gene heskett wrote:
For the last 2 or 3 reboots, when launching t-bird, I get 2 copies of the gui stacked on top of each other. I can move them separately to 2 separate workspaces, and both appear to work for some definition of working, but quitting one actually quits both.

If I click anyplace outside this composer window, it put this composer window behind both gui's and to re-find the composer window, I have to move both gui's off it to find the composer window again. Frustrating and inconvenient as can be.

I am supposedly running xfc4 as a desktop, but htop says I have a heck of a lot of kde5 running. How do I get rid of the kde stuff?

I recently wanted to get rid of a load of KDE cruft after I installed
xfce and elected to install sddm desktop manager with it (which is xorg
and a wayland session compatible), which by default seems to come with a
lot of KDE stuff in Debian.

`aptitude purge '?and(~i ?tag(suite::kde))'`

Be sure to check the output from aptitude you before it does
anything, it will ask you to confirm package changes. YMMV but it worked
nicely for me.

Dependencies seem to be protecting it from being removed.

Anybody have a clue whats going on?

Thanks for any advice that works.

Cheers, Gene Heskett, CET.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)