tbird troubles

For the last 2 or 3 reboots, when launching t-bird, I get 2 copies of the gui stacked on top of each other. I can move them separately to 2 separate workspaces, and both appear to work for some definition of working, but quitting one actually quits both.

If I click anyplace outside this composer window, it put this composer window behind both gui's and to re-find the composer window, I have to move both gui's off it to find the composer window again. Frustrating and inconvenient as can be.

I am supposedly running xfc4 as a desktop, but htop says I have a heck of a lot of kde5 running. How do I get rid of the kde stuff? Dependencies seem to be protecting it from being removed.

Anybody have a clue whats going on?

Thanks for any advice that works.

Cheers, Gene Heskett, CET.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)