Re: dmesg reporting lots of errors apparently emanating from a Realtek RTL810xE PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller ...

I discovred on some BIOSes undocumented features:

Some options can be enabled when set UEFI active, or also when setting a boot password and a BIOS password.

Sometimes even new settings appear, when passwords are set. I know, this sounds weired, but as I said: this ware undocumented.

Also take a look at "modified bioses". There are many people, who are reverse engennering BIOSes, and add things or set things free.

There are some sites in the web, where you can get modded bioses. They are mostly tested and never had problems with those.

This is an example:

https://www.bios-mods.com/downloads/

but I suggest to search for other sites, too.

Hope this helps.

Good luck,

Hans