Re: Domain name to use on home networks; was: Bookworm: NetworkManager

On 10/22/23 07:13, Michael Kjörling wrote:
On 21 Oct 2023 17:13 -0400, from pocket@columbus.rr.com (Pocket):
Why would I register a domain name for an internal network?
Any name will do.  You could make the same argument if you just
makeup a domain to use as it could already be registered or someone
my register it in the future.
That is why I picked example.org as It will/can not be used, no
collision with domain names that way.
It's fairly recent (RFC 8375, May 2018) but this type of usage is
pretty much exactly what home.arpa is meant for.

https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8375

I am researching this as I am aware that things have changed from 20 years ago and with ipv6 adoption

--
It's not easy to be me