Re: Debian home page -> Download link broken:

On Sun, Jun 11, 2023 at 2:12 AM Tixy <tixy@yxit.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 2023-06-10 at 23:55 -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> > Debian's wiki says to use apt-get:
> > https://wiki.debian.org/DebianUpgrade. Also see
> > https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/uptodate.html .
> >
> > Maybe it's time for a complete refresh of those documents.
>
> Or maybe the wiki page should be deleted, or just say go RTFM, i.e.
> read the release notes for the release you want to upgrade to.

Tixy, I checked the manual at
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-handbook/sect.apt-get.en.html
. I cannot find the requirement to run 'apt upgrade'.

Can you provide a reference, please?

I want to update the wiki page, but I need a citation to make the
change. Also, someone else will have to update the Debian FAQ. I'll
reach out to the webmaster once we have a reference.

Jeff