Re: hammerfall help request

On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 19:00:06 +0000
Glenn English <ghe2001@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 8:40 PM, Nicholas Geovanis
> <nickgeovanis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've been totally unsystematic about this problem in my machines
> > (granted with wheezy and jessie), but what I've found is that simply
> > starting the alsamixer app and re-raising the volume "fixes" the
> > issue.
>
> Doesn't seem to work in Colorado :-)
>
> > Now if you don't have alsa installed or active, you
> > should........I don't know.....
>
> Alsa seems to be installed (alsamixer exists and sees all the sound
> hardware).
>
> But I'm not sure it's 'active'. I'd thing the fact that alsamixer is
> live would indicate that it's active. I guess I don't know what
> 'active' means. Do you know how to find out?

Hammerfalls use to be somewhat difficult with their firmware. I had to
build my own from fairly old ALSA sources. Also, for cardbus based cards
the firmware must be loaded and the card initialized at boot time.
Have you tried using hdsploader and HDSPConf?

--
If I had a letter, sealed it in a locked vault and hid the vault
somewhere in New York. Then told you to read the letter, thats not