Re: mailing list vs "the futur"

On 8/12/18 8:10 AM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

On Thu, Aug 09, 2018 at 07:03:29PM -0400, Rich Kulawiec wrote:

... mighty fine list you've got there - mailing lists are even better
than I thought they were.

19. Mailing lists interoperate.  I can easily forward a message from this
list to another one.  Or to a person.  I can send a message to multiple
lists.  I can forward a message from a person to this list.  And so on.
Try doing this with web forum software A on host B with destinations
web forum software X and Y on hosts X1 and Y1.  Good luck with that.
Oh come on - this one's a no-brainer on the web - you click the Like
button on the website, which takes you to a "Share with friend", and
if it doesn't then see if there's a "Tweet" button and click that.

And then there's LinkedIn - which makes it nearly impossible to share things with anything other than another LinkedIn user (except by using one's browser to mail the item or a link).

Nope.  Forwarding by email is about the only universal way to share stuff, or to move it from some service or another to one's personal storage (I can't tell you how often I email stuff to myself).

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra