Re: fsck progress not shown on boot with systemd as pid 1

On 7/28/14, Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 11:20:13AM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>> On Du, 27 iul 14, 12:34:17, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>> > I've thought for years, and noted in my "fix unix" notes that
>> > boot messages ought be written starting at the top of the
>> > screen, then when they get to the bottom, rather than
>> > continuing at the bottom and scrolling, to start at the top
>> > again, *without* clearing the screen.
>>
>> You are aware of course that:
>> - it's also possible to scroll *back* (surprise, surprise)
>
> Can you still? It used to be <shift><PageUp>, (which didn't work last
> time I tried) have you found another way?

I can feel a FAQ entry comin' on.

We need a step by step for us booginners, all in one place.

1) disable vty clearing
(My google yesterday failed to easily find this, so I gave up, and I
think someone posted it recently too :/

2) increase scroll-back buffer

3) disable scrolling (I think Andrei said this is possible),
but only if it does wrap-around to the top of the screen

4) what key/mouse sequences to use to scroll back

5) commands to view the log after loggin in

6) more?