Re: Debian Wheezy Compromised - www-data user is sending 1000 emails an hour

2013/12/24 Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com>
On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 17:08:48 +0100
Raffaele Morelli <raffaele.morelli@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > That's absolutely you point of view, a wise and skilled developer does
> > > everything safe, a poor minded simply does not.
> >
> > Sadly, 'wise and skilled' label cannot be applied to a majority of
> > developers writing something in PHP. Or any Web developer for that
> > matter. Of course, you might be an exception.
> >

> IMHO your claim is a little bit conceited, it sounds like a self-styled web
> developer "guru" talking to his ego.

Have I offended you somehow? Why this personal attack?

Nothing personal, just a reminder to be humble when offending thousands of people writing webapps in php.

Still, the only thing that I know about PHP is one should stay clear of
it unless necessary. And even in the last case, one should avoid using
PHP for any purpose.

So you don't know nothing of php but you are relying on debian and seclist bug reports to say one should stay clear of it (may we have to stay clear from hundreds of other packages listed there? )

This opinion comes from:

http://www.debian.org/security/
http://seclists.org/bugtraq/
http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/

And last, but not least:

http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/

The internet is full of that "Hey this is cool, this is shit" stuff, the poster hates php and loves python and perl. With a little googling you can find similar posts for other languages.

PS I'm not a developer. I'm that guy they call to clean up the mess
that developers wrote.

Right, you "clean up the mess that developers wrote", not the mess the programming language caused.

Reco