Re: nautilus -> spacefm

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 18:45:43 +0530
Kailash Kalyani <listskailash@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 11 December 2013 12:58 PM, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> > On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 13:16:47 -0500
> > Dave Woyciesjes <woyciesjes@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> nk

> >> 	Have you checked out Nemo? It aims to be what Nautilus
> >> was... http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/?p=198
> >>

> > Thanks for this Dave. I had just installed 'nemo' when I installed
> > 'cinnamon' to try out, but hadn't thought to try nemo, but now I
> > have, and so far it does the job!
> >
> > Thanks again
> > Sharon.
> >
> Hi Sharon,
>
> Do you have Gnome installed? I have nautilus installed (default
> Debian install) as well and it seems to automount my usb disks and my
> kindle and my Kobo reader just fine.

Only partially, I've got some of it installed but its not something
that I go into, I mainly stay in fluxbox as it is so configurable and
does exactly what I want. I'm using 'nemo' now, and things like my
kindle appear when plugged in but need to be manually mounted, but I
can live with that.

> Maybe I'm missing something.
>
> Re hidden files, it's a preference - see attachment.

Thanks
Sharon.
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.3.2
Registered Linux user 561944