Re: startx + ~/.xsession and no ~/.xinitrc, results in reduced functionality (xfce4, sid)

On 12/12/13, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net> wrote:
> I wonder, in Debian does a path exist so that if a user wants to install a
> g.u.i. environment without gdm and with startX so that they can run in
> console mode by default and when they want to go g.u.i. they run startX to
> do it and have orca start up after that automatically?  If so, I'd like to
> learn how to do that.

Perhaps re-read this thread (and the other similar one) again in
detail. This is exactly what I'm doing. Or if you want simple answer:

create ~/.xinitrc or ~/.xsession and make the file look like mine (see
earlier in this or the other similar thread), and put those things you
want to auto-start prior to exec line.

Also, you should perhaps have started a new thread, given that your
question is a new topic. Hopefully the above answers your question, if
not, start a new thread please. But first have a go, and if you fail
to achieve what you want, then tell in your thread, what you wanted,
what you did, and what the error or failure was. It looks much more
appealing to others when you have already had a go, and failed.

Good luck
Zenaan