Re: Xfce config question

On 12/12/13, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-12-12 at 17:28 +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>> On 12/12/13, Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:
>> > I want to configure the clock display in Wheezy-Xfce to display
>> > date and time of day combined and in an arrangement that is like
>> > this
>> > 20120123 213703
>> > i.e.
>> > YYYYMMDD HHMMSS
>> > Does anyone know?
>>
>> Choose Format -> Custom and set the following as your custom format
>> field:
>>
>> +%Y%m%d %H%M%S
>>
>> For reference, the format field appears to be from the "date" command.
>> date --help
>> is your friend.
>
> +1, but -+ for the format :D.

Thanks - that was an oversight on my part.
For the single-character-significance impaired
(like I can be on occasion):

date '+%Y%m%d %H%M%S'
(note the '+' and quote chars) is a way to experiment from the
command line, and

%Y%m%d %H%M%S
(note no '+' char) is the style that the XFCE4 clock applet requires.