Re: Installing TrueType Fonts (TTF)

Muntasim-Ul-Haque wrote:
> TrueType Fonts (TTF) would open in GNOME with a dialog box, and it
> was just one-click away. But here in XFCE, I see nothing that can
> open the TTFs.

To begin with, many fonts can be found in the repositories. But if you
bring your own fonts, then you can still install gnome-font-viewer.
I do not know XFCE, but I guess you can configure it to open ttf's with
gnome-font-viewer. Or you can at least view a font like this:

   gnome-font-viewer <fontname>.ttf

Another useful font viewer is fontypython. You can view every font in a
folder at once, even when not installed.

There is a more general, yet easy way to install fonts: just shove them
into ~/.fonts (locally) or /usr/local/share/fonts (systemwide).