Re: Reporting missing package during install

On Monday 09 December 2013 18:55:33 Tom H wrote:
> >> Yes, I don't like it and always want a root password. As you
> >> say, this is and has been contentious.
>
> Having a password for root and having sudo installed and set up
> isn't an either/or proposition.

We have already agreed surely that horses vary with courses.  I don't
trust myself and would never use sudo, so it is safer if I do not
have it on my box.  Moreover, during installation I think that one is
offered either/or, not both.  (Which is what we were discussing.)
Jessie may be different.  As I said, I have so far not installed
Jessie.

Lisi