Re: Re: Shutdown computer after a specific command has been executed

On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 20:03 +0600, Muntasim-Ul-Haque wrote:
> Thanks Lars, Mardorf, Ashmore, Lauri and Jorgensen for your advice. I
> needed it badly and your advice showed me the way. Thanks a lot.
> To Jorgensen: I'm a Broadband Internet user and I'm billed for the time
> my Internet connection is active. Sometimes it happens that I've a large
> software to install like the TeXworks, which is about 650MB, I think.
> Or, the system up-gradation, if you may consider. In that case, that
> would take 6Hrs+ for my Internet connection. Sometimes I execute the
> command and go to sleep. If the command execution completes and the
> Internet is still on, then it would be a waste of my Internet. That's
> why I needed a command that would shutdown the computer after the
> command execution. That's it. And thanks for your concern.
> With thanks,
> Muntasim-Ul-Haque

You could use a command to go off-line, instead of shutting down the
computer. It depends how often, long the computer is in use. A shutdown
and startup isn't good for the drives, OTOH turning a computer on, when
it's just used half an hour a day, would be bad. Suspend etc. might nt
work when e.g. using a special sound server, such as jackd.