Re: Shutdown computer after a specific command has been executed

Hi

On Mon, Dec 09, 2013 at 05:42:17PM +0600, Muntasim-Ul-Haque wrote:
> Hi,
> I need a tool that would make sure that, my computer would shutdown after a
> specific command has been executed. This tool would just wait for the Terminal
> for executing a command, like 'sudo apt-get upgrade' and then after the command
> has been executed, my computer would shutdown. Is that possible? Is there a
> tool or anything out there that can do this for me? Let me know. It would be of
> great help. Thanks in advance.

Others have given useful advice on how to achieve this, but I'm
curious: WHY ?  It appears non-sensical to upgrade a box and then
switch it off?   Not even reboot!?

I may be a purist, but I find the whole notion of "shutdown" or
"reboot" abhorrent. That's something you'd do before physically moving
a desktop (perhaps: suspend-to-disk seems better here), or after a
kernel upgrade (but then it is "reboot", not "shutdown").

--
Karl E. Jorgensen