Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On Tue, 2013-11-26 at 16:58 -0500, Doug wrote:
> And I have _never_ had a problem with Synaptic. Using it for at least
> 4 years now.
> I'm not afraid of the command line, I use it frequently.

It's the same for me. Synaptic is good. I'm using apt and dpkg too, but
Synaptic is nice for searching software and everything is available by
just one click, e.g. the history. Since DEB base distros are not my
favorite distros, I do not always remember where I can find e.g. the
history, the file including the repositories, each single option for apt
and dkpk.

I guess with Debian stable there will be no issues, when using Synaptic.
On Ubuntu, e.g. at the moment with Saucy, I experience issues, but I
suspect the trouble is Ubuntu related.