Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 11:04:27PM +0530, AP wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I want to use Linux in my daily works which are simple like office
> works (documentation) and web surfing because I
> am in the job which is no more related with computers......So this is
> just my hobby part.

You can use libreoffice. Just be aware that there can be formatting
issues between the two systems. Using the .rtf type can be used instead,
but there are plenty of "Save As ..." choices.

> (ii) DEB vs RPM

Probably not the best list to ask this question. :) Although, I have
heard of "dependency hell" using the RPM format.

Disclaimer: Not familiar with RPM packages.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X