Re: testing wants to install systemd

On 11/20/13, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-11-20 at 21:00 +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>> http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/the-biggest-myths.html

> I'm using systemd for a very long time now, the content of the above
> link is complete bogus, since it does ignore the real issues.
>
> However, I won't discuss it again.

If you post a link to these "real issues" you discussed, then that is
useful for a constructive discussion.

Otherwise, your "real issues" are just hearsay/ handwaving.

> A transition won't break your system,
> but you need to learn how to use systemd and you need to accept that
> many things become a PITA.

Again, which thing(s) become PITA - is there a link where you iterated
these PITAs, or perhaps where the discussion is on those specific
PITAs?

> If you like systemd it's ok for me. I dislike

I struggled to use it earlier this year, especially when using sshfs
between two networked systems. I still intend to test again in time,
and try (better this time) to report an accurate bug (if it still
exists).

The systemd tools I experienced for a couple of weeks, the design docs
and administrator tutorial series I read, make systemd look like it
has many technically superior assets and features.

But I have to try again to be able to use it, and therefore to "like"
it - I don't like what doesn't work :).

> it, but I use it, because a "mafia"

More slander. Ralph it looks like you make a lot of hearsay and
slander against systemd, because of bad (for you) transition inside
Arch distribution!

I am only hearing emotional words against systemd - much better would
be bugs, or links to important discussions.

Regards
Zenaan