Re: After installing systemd, slim fails to load desktop.

this is my second install of systemd. the first went well no issues whatsoever with slim then few days ago my HD went kaput on me so i got the replacement(the same hd model spec everything) both my previous setup and my current are almost identical in the way i setup from netinstall. same apps/drivers/kernel/etc.. the slim loads fine but then i went and install systemd, reboot, login and it refuses to login just sitting there doing nothing not even an error spit out. i even checkd dmesg, not a single error on slim either.

*im running debian sid/openbox/slim

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Scott Ferguson [via Debian] <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 13/11/13 13:15, Just_Me wrote:

> Slim freezes doing nothing. I had to use startx to start desktop.
> slim.service is enabled btw.
>
> $ systemctl status slim
>
> slim.service - LSB: Start/stop the SLiM daemon.
>    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/slim)
>    Active: active (running) since Wed 2013-11-13 08:40:04 UTC
>    CGroup: name=systemd:/system/slim.service
>            ├─977 /usr/bin/slim -d
>            └─980 /usr/bin/X11/X -nolisten tcp -auth /var/run/slim.auth vt07

Which Debian release?
What DE?
Any error log info?

NOTE: slim is not a DM so *if* you are using xdm/gdm/kdm (but not
Openbox) try:-
$ DM=$(ls /etc/init.d/ | grep dm);su -c "service $DM start"  (or "sudo
service $DM start" if you have sudo installed) instead of startx

Sorry don't have access till this evening to the Wheezy systemd OpenBox
laptop - but I "think" I just installed systemd and ran "systemctl
enable slim.service" and everything just worked next boot. I may have
modified ~/.xinitrc to allow for DM choices but I'll have to check.

Kind regards