Re: After installing systemd, slim fails to load desktop.

On 13/11/13 13:15, Just_Me wrote:
> Slim freezes doing nothing. I had to use startx to start desktop.
> slim.service is enabled btw.
>
> $ systemctl status slim
>
> slim.service - LSB: Start/stop the SLiM daemon.
>    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/slim)
>    Active: active (running) since Wed 2013-11-13 08:40:04 UTC
>    CGroup: name=systemd:/system/slim.service
>            ├─977 /usr/bin/slim -d
>            └─980 /usr/bin/X11/X -nolisten tcp -auth /var/run/slim.auth vt07

Which Debian release?
What DE?
Any error log info?

NOTE: slim is not a DM so *if* you are using xdm/gdm/kdm (but not
Openbox) try:-
$ DM=$(ls /etc/init.d/ | grep dm);su -c "service $DM start"  (or "sudo
service $DM start" if you have sudo installed) instead of startx

Sorry don't have access till this evening to the Wheezy systemd OpenBox
laptop - but I "think" I just installed systemd and ran "systemctl
enable slim.service" and everything just worked next boot. I may have
modified ~/.xinitrc to allow for DM choices but I'll have to check.

Kind regards