Re: Questions about new hardware & Debian (or Linux in general)

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 7:33 PM, Scott Ferguson
<scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd just narrow down the hardware you're looking for as you've done then
> pick a specific example of a board the features it - then search for
> debian support for that board (I usually do that in store on my phone
> unless I'm ordering it online).

I do see more post regarding a particular motherboard than specific
chipsets, that may be easier.  So far my searches have only turned up
a few boards I'd be interested in, so if one didn't pan out at least
there wouldn't be a long list to go through.

> Those (mythTV) questions are often best answered by your local LUG or
> the mythTV forums as they can generally suggest current "best buys". Now
> that you've now supplied the primary context ;)   mythTV, it's easier to
> find a solution.

I'm headed to the MythTV list group next.

Thanks,
Jon