Re: who uses dual boot? [was: How to start using a free OS]

> That's a very interesting point, but I wonder if it's true.  There are
> real-world reasons to run both windows on linux on the same machine
> (personal example: running Linux on my laptop for development and
> demonstrations; running Windows for office applications).
>
> But, having said that, when one really uses two operating systems on the
> same machine, I expect it's more common to run one under virtualization,
> so you can run both at the same time - dual booting is a real pain if
> one is really USING both operating systems.

There can be a lot of reasons to use natively two operating systems on
the same computer. One can have hardware which is handled only by
Windows for example. Virtualization is a solution sometimes but there
are always overheads and drawbacks. Sometimes it is not a real problem,
in other cases it is.

--
--- Friczy ---
'Death is not a bug, it's a feature'