Re: Upgrade all "kept back" packages

On 10 November 2013 16:17, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> Beco wrote:
>> Bob Proulx wrote:

> Make sense?  Hopefully.  Good luck!  Please report back on your
> progress so that we (I!) can learn from it!
>
> Bob

Okey Bob! Thanks a lot. You gave me a LOT of food for thought now.

I'll try some paths here and I'll try to log what I do and report back.

Rob, thanks also. I'll see if your tip fits here and reply latter.

Good news is: system booted okey. But a error message appear just
after grub, and I couldn't read it. Something like missing file.

There is no Merillat in my sources, but when I imported the GPG from
las.ic.unicamp, I got a Merillat message:

deb http://www.las.ic.unicamp.br/pub/debian-multimedia/ wheezy main non-free
#unicamp
#  apt-key adv --keyserver keyring.debian.org --recv-keys 07DC563D1F41B907
#
# Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options
--no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /tmp/tmp.Nh3SiyWmJu
--trustdb-name /etc/apt//trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg
--primary-keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyring
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-squeeze-automatic.gpg --keyring
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-squeeze-stable.gpg --keyring
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-wheezy-automatic.gpg --keyring
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-wheezy-stable.gpg --keyserver
keyring.debian.org --recv-keys 07DC563D1F41B907
# gpg: requesting key 1F41B907 from hkp server keyring.debian.org
# gpg: key 1F41B907: public key "Christian Marillat
<marillat@debian.org>" imported
# gpg: no ultimately trusted keys found
# gpg: Total number processed: 1
# gpg:               imported: 1

Im removing all that does not comply with the Debian packages. But
still, I'm having trouble trying to remove specific packages that
insist that I need to get rid of KDE or other big stuffs.

What a mess! Today I'll clean it for good.

Cheers,
Beco.

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by
doing them" (Aristotle)