Re: How to use the debian installation iso for installing packages using aptitude

Anubhav Yadav wrote:
> I got it, but I thought before that adding  entry to fstab and automounting
> at boot are not related to each other.

They are exactly related to each other.  The /etc/fstab file defines
what file systems are mounted at boot time.

> I restarted but I had to mount all the three iso manually.
> mount -a won't work too.
> So I did suck it :-)

Then something is wrong with the listings in your /etc/fstab file.
But previously I gave you a test for it and you said that worked.  So
the line must be syntactically correct and is mounting the right file
system.

Do you have "noauto" there?  That is the only thing that makes sense.
Remove it.  Look for a "noauto" option and remove it.

  $ man fstab
      noauto do not mount when "mount -a" is given (e.g., at boot time)

What options do you have?  For mounting an iso you probably only want
"loop" and "ro" and no other options.

Bob