TRIM support with XFS

Hello.

I have a question about XFS and TRIM on SSD. I'm unable to determine if I can use it in Debian 7.1. I have searched the documentation and found positive information on ext4, but not on XFS.

Just to test I installed Wheezy on a ThinkPad equipped with an SSD and picked XFS as the root file system. After installing it I added discard to the mount options in /etc/fstab and rebooted the machine. Discard diesn't however appear in the mount options for the file system if I run the mount command. So it looks like it's not picked up when the file system is mounted.

I then tried running a manual TRIM with fstrim -v /. It did not print any error messages and appears to work.

So my question is: Does TRIM work with XFS in Wheezy and what should I do to use it?

John