Re: wacky question

On Thu, 2013-06-20 at 20:40 +0200, Slavko wrote:
> Dňa 20.06.2013 17:12 Greg  wrote / napísal(a):
>
> > I'm just wondering what debian does to check and protect its users, so
> > fuck me, right?
>
> Your protection is your responsibility. The Debian (and other OS) can
> only help you with this. Of course, some can do it better and another
> no. An some can criminalize you, when you want to see what is inside (by
> license violation), but these last are then taking responsibility, but
> do you really want to loose your own responsibility?
>
> IMO, if you want to transmit your responsibility, you must select
> another model of OS, than Debian is.
>
> regards

So I have no right to ask to to even think about how software is built
or made available by debian? To protect myself I have but to debug every
line of code I use and build it all myself, on CPU's I forged in my
backyard smithy? Perhaps I could launch my own satellites to ensure safe
global access to a self-made internet. Iran has gone down that path,
perhaps we should all do likewise, or just go live in a cave or use
openbsd machines with the network cards pulled out? What if they get to
Theo? Then I'm done for!