Re: using microphone

Le 16/03/2013 16:23, berenger.morel@neutralite.org a écrit :

Le 16.03.2013 16:18, Ralf Mardorf a écrit :
On Sat, 2013-03-16 at 16:14 +0100, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:
>> I think this message may lack informations, but I have no idea about
>> what I can give except those one...
>>
> OK, so you've established that your microphone is working. You don't
> normally want to hear your voice back when you speak into it, so mute
> the microphone output (but not the input). You should be able to use
> the sound recorder to still record your voice and play it back but
> you
> won't hear it when speaking.
>
> Skype has a pulldown menu  at the bottom left of the skype window.
> Select Options | Sound Devices and try the different microphone
> devices until you find one that works with the Skype test call.

Sounds like I did not explained the problem correctly, so let me retry.

I have established that the microphone works, yes, because when I
unmute it in alsamixer, I can hear back my voice amplified.
But I did not found any way to use it into skype or mumble (I did not
tried other softwares).

I do not know how to mute only the microphone output but not the input?

IIRC you can forget about jack in this case. Is pulseaudio installed?
Many skype users report, that they like to use pulseaudio.

I have no jack, and no pulseaudio. Should I install one of those stuff to have my mic working? Sounds strange, I remember another computer with debian I had, where I had not installed one of those and stuff was working? But maybe my memory is wrong.

My mic works with skype with just alsa. However it seems there is a bug in alsactl restoring levels and the "Capture" Level always is 0 after reboot. You might look in your mixer settings.