Re: Help diagnosing USB disk issue?

Hello,

Jude DaShiell a écrit :
> Have you updated all of your usb drivers on that trouble machine yet?
> If memory serves update-usb-ids ought to do that for you.

Not at all. update-usbids just updates the USB vendor/device ID database
used by lsusb to display friendly names. It has nothing to do with USB
device drivers which are in the kernel.

If nothing shows in the kernel logs and other USB device work well, then
it looks like a hardware issue to me, maybe a lack of power. Is the disk
self-powered (with its own power adapter) or bus-powered ?