RE: newer kernels from experimental?

> From: Johan Grönqvist [mailto:johan.gronqvist@gmail.com]
> 2013-03-14 02:00, Brad Alexander skrev:
> > [...] sid is still sporting
> > the 3.2.x kernel.
> > [...] I would like to play with some of the
> > newer features from the later 3.x kernels from experimental, [...]
> > I was wondering if anyone is running any of them, and if they
> > are stable enough for day-to-day use.
> >

> I use 3.7, installed from experimental, and it works well for me. I am
> not using any fancy filesystems or other fancy features, though.
>
> I considered installing 3.8 from experimental, but that one seems to
> move from the old initramfs tools to something called dracut, so I
> decided to stay with 3.7, as it works for me.
>
> / johan

I use 3.8.  It works, but I wouldn't switch just yet.  I have gotten a few
kernel oopses with it, and I never decided whether that was my problem or
the kernel's, but 3.7 was quite solid.  (compiling kernel modules and
subsequently re/booting 3.8 has never caused any issues, so I am not too
concerned with initramfs on my (non-production) machine.)

Some of the 'buntus use 3.4, don't they?