Re: Help please - install the WiFi driver [SOLVED]

Get the WiFi driver.
- Go to http://wiki.debian.org/WiFi and look for a link related to your WiFi device.
  My WiFi device is an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 and the link is labeled 'ipw3945'.
  Yours will probably be different.
- Taking the device-related link takes you to the Debian Wiki page for your desired
  driver. For the ipw3945 that page is http://wiki.debian.org/ipw3945.
  On that page is a notice: "Non-free firmware is required, which can be provided
   by the <link> package."
- If you encounter such a notice, take link to get to a search results page
  (identifiable by the phrase "Exact hits") and select yet one more link for the
  codename of your Debian (in my case, this codename is "Squeeze").
- The final page contains the download link for the driver. Save the driver to a
  folder where it will be available while running Debian. In my case, the driver is
  named firmware-iwlwifi_0.28+squeeze1_all.deb.

Install the WiFi driver.
- In the target Debian system, browse to the folder where you saved the driver.
- Open a terminal window and enter this command:
     su
  Note: you will be prompted for the root user's password - the installer needs to
  run with root privilege and this is how to elevate your privilege to root level.
- Then enter this command:
     dpkg -i firmware-iwlwifi_0.28+squeeze1_all.deb
  Note: replace "firmware-iwlwifi_0.28+squeeze1_all.deb" with the actual name of
  your driver. If the system responds with something like this:
     Selecting previously deselected package firmware-iwlwifi.
     (Reading database ... 68697 files and directories currently installed.)
     Unpacking firmware-iwlwifi (from firmware-iwlwifi_0.28+squeeze1_all.deb) ...
     Setting up firmware-iwlwifi (0.28+squeeze1) ...
  your driver is installed.