Re: moving from Kubuntu 10.4 to squeeze

I read your off-list mail. I didn't read your last mail to the list to the end, because it's to long. You ask me to stop, I stopped. Yes, I could name a developer, but it doesn't make sense, he's very kind. I don't like to fight a battle with you.

I only tried to make clear that there are differences, neither the one nor the other distro is better or less good.

When I e.g. mentioned upstart, then I wasn't thinking about how to start a daemon by CLI, but since the OP isn't aware about the differences, it's unimportant for the OP.

Now I only want to mention, that making updates for Debian, is different to making updates for e.g. Ubuntu and that there's a difference between personal experiences and universal validity, that some issues overlap, e.g. the Debian policy regarding to firmware makes upgrades not easier.

However, the OP perhaps will update and when his Debian than should be borked others will claim, that the OP missed to read changelogs, that the OP shouldn't have used this or that DE etc.. I'm just warning that it's not that easy. Different distros, different drawbacks and advantages.

Regards,
Ralf