Re: moving from Kubuntu 10.4 to squeeze

Am Sonntag, 27. Januar 2013 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> What I cared about was the bold matter of factly statements that Debian
> is  less upgradeable than Ubuntu to someone who is in the switch from
> Ubuntu to Debian. On which you above seemed to provided the first sign
> of possible evidence. But then on one single case. I can easily tell two
> cases where this has been the other way around:
>
> 1) OpenSUSE shoveled KDE 4.0 on their users while the upstream project
> clearly noted: No, no, this is just a developer preview. First KDE SC
> version in Debian: 4.2(.4 I think).

I did not dig it out, but I think the first KDE SC 4 version in Ubuntu has
been < 4.2 as well.

Actually the KDE SC 4 transition in Debian has been smoother than I would
have had with KDE SC 4.0.

Heck, and the first KDE SC version for stable users was 4.4 even.

So even due to longer release time between versions, due to sane (!) choices
by some Debian developers updates may (!) be smoother than with the just
package upstream from git daily approach.

For any proof? Feel free to make a study with real users.