lightdm login screen minor issue

Good evening,

I am trying to install a minimalist install with an XFCE desktop environment on
an old laptop. I did a clean install of wheezy, and deselected all tasks during
the install. I then booted and launched aptitude with the --without-recomends
option, and installed the task-xfce-desktop task. The resulting environment
was a bit less than I wanted, but I was able to get everything going, with
one minor exception.

At the login screen, there are two buttons in the top right-hand corner,
one for switching hi-contrast and large fonts on or off, and the other
for restarting or shutting the system down. That power "button" has no
functionality to it. When I click on it, a blank panel opens and there is
nothing to click on. I am at a loss trying to figure out what drives that
missing functionality. Can anyone give me a nudge in the right direction?

Thanks,
Craig

Sent - Gtek Web Mail