Re: CURRENTLY INSOLUBLE was:Re: Installing a backported kernel on Squeeze at an early stage.

On Saturday 29 December 2012 17:34:42 Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> On 12/29/2012 11:12 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > It is behaving progressively worse. I think that something must in fact
> > be damaged. It won't even start booting up now, not even the post screen
> > or the BIOS options.
> >
> > :-( And I was so looking forward to having it all set up for when my
> >
> > husband got home.
> >
> > Thanks for all the help, guys.
> >
> > Lisi
>
> Lisi,
>
> Hmmm, sounds like you have a major problem now - possibly that was
> coming on before you tried to install Debian, which would explain the
> problem.

Yes, I realise that now. :-(

> If you don't get the POST screen or BIOS options, you've got hardware
> problems well beyond anything Debian (or Windoze, for that matter) could
> cause.  Is the system still under warranty?

It's brand new.  This was supposed to be the initial set-up.  That's why I am
so fed up.  I wanted my husband to get his shiny new system, all set up and
working, as his 80th birthday present, as soon as he got home; instead of
which he hasn't got a computer to use at all, since I have dismantled the old
system.  And he is my transport.  If the store will immediately accept
responsibility, I can I suppose get a taxi (cab) there, and then back, but I
am still fed up.

Again, thanks, guys.

Lisi